UNC Rex Healthcare Case Study
Success Combining HPV Result and PAP Interpretation
Data Innovations® partners with Rex Healthcare™ in Raleigh, North Carolina to develop an automated solution that combines the HPV result with PAP interpretation on a consolidated report and provides better diagnostics services for more positive patient outcomes.
Rex Healthcare is a non-for-profit private health care organization that joined UNC Health Care, a non-for-profit integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina
- Cerner Millennium™ for Clinical and Molecular Pathology
- Cerner CoPath® for Anatomical Pathology Discipline
2,000 PAPs and 1,100 HPVs per month
All clinical pathology disciplines including molecular diagnostics
- 5 wellness centers
- 6 suburban campuses
- Freestanding outpatient diagnostic urgent care and surgery centers
- 2 skilled nursing facilities focusing on rehabilitation and long-term nursing care
- An LIS-agnostic solution to integrate molecular instruments simultaneously to Clinical and Anatomical Laboratory Information Systems.
- Eliminated the need to manage and manually enter and match HPV results with PAP requisitions and interpretations.
- Automating the process of reflexing HPV results based on institutional and/or practice-specific criteria.
- Automate notification to cytotechnologists to send vial or create aliquot for molecular testing.