Trivergent Health Alliance℠ Case Study
Reducing Reference Lab Costs by $2.5 Million Over 3 Years
Three hospital labs, part of Trivergent Health Alliance Management Services Organization in Maryland, operate independently while also sharing and insourcing tests and reducing reference lab costs. How do they do it? Atlas Medical’s Multi-Lab Networking, integrating with Data Innovations’® Instrument Manager™ middleware, makes it possible for the labs, each with a common laboratory information system, to integrate equipment.
- Management Services Organization (MSO) providing regional services to Frederick Regional Health System, Meritus Health and Western Maryland Health System.
- Hospital systems are community-based and non-for-profit.
- Sharing and insourcing and reference laboratory costs.
- Performs about 6.5 million tests annually serving the Hagerstown, Maryland metropolitan area.
Stroke Center, Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, CyberKnife, Neonatal ICU, Level II and III Trauma Center
All clinical pathology disciplines including molecular diagnostics
Medical Information Technology, Inc. (MEDITECH)
- Reducing reference laboratory costs by an average of 60% and saving $2.5M over three years
- Created a share diagnostic community across MSO members including molecular diagnostics
- Reduced turnaround-time up to 50% by insourcing 60 to 70 tests previously outsourced
- Eliminate labor time/costs for each laboratory in reaccessioning and relabeling of specimens between hospitals